No two days are the same at VG. You will need to be organised, be detail orientated, work under your own initiative yet seamlessly with your team towards the completion of the team goals and constantly look for ways to do things better, faster, or more efficiently.
Risk mitigation is part of our DNA; you will maintain specialist and technical knowledge including up to date knowledge of FRS102, IFRS and proactively identify and report risks and concerns in a timely manner to ensure that VG upholds the highest possible level of compliance and reputation.
You will have your own goals, both personal and professional; as part of the VG family you be offered support, professional qualifications and mentoring to build a successful career and fulfil your ambitions.
- Holiday co-ordination throughout the section and co-ordination of cover for administrators work during planned absences.
- Monitor administrators time recovery on a weekly basis, both in terms of quantitatively and qualitatively as to likely billing/recoverability (eg fixed fees – quantum and scope; possible client fee resistance).
- Assisting your manager to identify the training needs of your team and ensuring that they attend relevant training to assist with their development.
- Assisting with manager with relevant appraisals within your department and mentoring the administrators within your department.
- Assisting your manager with the general departmental co-ordination and allocation of client work to deal with major client tasks arising from time to time.
- Provide regular feedback to your manager regarding the team’s performance.
- Between yourself and your Manager you will ensure that debt recovery is undertaken on a regular basis by each member of your team.
- Contribute towards the successful delivery of remediation and other projects approved by the senior management team, be that by way of constructive feedback, membership of working parties, research and delivery of information not readily available from VG’s systems and/or the performance of data input or other administrative tasks.
Skills, knowledge and expertise
- The holder of this position should be educated with the relevant professional qualifications and be a member of a relevant professional body.
- 9 years’ minimum experience of Finance Industry Business, with at least 3 to 5 years management experience and have corporate experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of offshore fiduciary services, financial market and finances in general.
- A proven track record in handling complex offshore fiduciary issues and client relationship management.
- An ability to grasp issues at a strategic level and demonstrate the sound application of commercial acumen.
- Previous exposure to marketing and business development initiatives coupled with a willingness to get involved in the development on new markets.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills for dealing with staff, intermediaries and clients.
- Excellent organisation, communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to inspire, apply sound judgement and be a motivational leader.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements and the regulatory framework within which VG operates.